Iota Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TPS lag - Ticks per second. Pixel

Latest topics
» Saturday Build
by EPICDUCKS Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:32 am

» Wtf happened to this server?
by gabnet13 Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:42 am

» Glenn is mexican
by gabnet13 Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:17 pm

» Donation Perks (Updated July/14)
by UnrealCorpse Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:36 pm

» Iota go home, you're drunk
by FinesseCrafter Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:11 pm

» Server official start, addressing a few points.
by FinesseCrafter Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:45 pm

» Castle project
by gabnet13 Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:31 am

» My YouTube channel!!
by magicdinosaur2 Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:48 am

» My gang!!!
by FinesseCrafter Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:13 am

TPS lag - Ticks per second.

3 posters

Go down

TPS lag - Ticks per second. Empty TPS lag - Ticks per second.

Post by ZwRawr Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:59 am

Today and yesterday there has been extremely low TPS on the sever

You will notice this as its been takeing ~5 seconds for the sever to realise what your doing. You'll probably have noticed this ChestLag , BlockLag , MobLag , HopperLag , EntitiyLag ect.

So back to the 5 seconds , if its taking five seconds then the TPS(ticks per second) is 1/5(0.2). Minecraft is designed to run at 20 but severs will often run lower than this. 1/5 TPS is 1% of the maximum TPS in minecraft. This is an issue.

Take finesse for example , who as i'm writing this is AFK at his chicken farm. It will take him 100x longer than normal to get A given amount of drops. Or , why not look at building/mining . You'll notice blocks appearing and disappearing constantly It will be almost impossible to do this.

FIX's

• reintroduce clear lag to get rid of excesses entities.
  • Scheduled/Auto restarts more often

Other plugins will cause stress in the sever the setting of these could be adjusted to minimize there impact a bit.
There are also Plugins that clear up excess chunks and limit the area loaded by a player.

By no means am i expecting that this will get the TPS up to 20 but it should help a lot. What you have to understand that fixing this will Take up time so don't expect unreal to magically fix the sever in ten minuets.

I know that unreal will be aware of the lag But i feel it's got to the point where something needs to be done because its near impossible to play with this amount of lag. I would also be intresed in the result from you running the command ./lag to see what the actual TPS is.

ZwRawr
User

Back to top Go down

TPS lag - Ticks per second. Empty Re: TPS lag - Ticks per second.

Post by FinesseCrafter Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:34 am

Yeah, I was hollowing out a room on my island  and replacing the stone/dirt with stonebricks to have a decent floor.
This room is roughly 10x10(3 high) and it took me about an hour to hollow it out and replace the floor(not joking), because of TPS lag.
It is ridiculous and impossible to work with, I know your a busy man James but Zak's suggestions are simple and other servers I've seen with the same plugins/settings(frequent restarts) do very well in terms of TPS and overall lag.

PS: Thanks for mentioning my broken cooked chicken farm Z  lol!
FinesseCrafter
FinesseCrafter

https://sites.google.com/site/vingtsgames/home

Back to top Go down

Post by ZwRawr Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:57 am

yes , fin my main too suggestions where being used before on this sever but recently James (unreal) changed a few things and seems to have disabled them. James knows more about the plugins than me so may well be able to suggest other thing as well. I will stress that you need to remember this sever is not James whole life so you can not expect him to put 10's hours into optimizing sever.

ZwRawr
User

Back to top Go down

Post by FinesseCrafter Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:36 am

ZwRawr wrote:yes , fin my main too suggestions where being used before on this sever but recently James (unreal) changed a few things and seems to have disabled them. James knows more about the plugins than me so may well be able to suggest other thing as well. I will stress that you need to remember this sever is not James whole life so you can not expect him to put 10's hours into optimizing sever.

I know that well, I was trying to say that if it wasn't clear, sorry.
FinesseCrafter
FinesseCrafter

https://sites.google.com/site/vingtsgames/home

Back to top Go down

Post by UnrealCorpse Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:53 am

I'm pretty sure this is an isolated incident. I know when this happened, and I restarted and we haven't had issues since.
I just logged in and checked the current TPS, and it all seems fine.
TPS lag - Ticks per second. 0925010585801519f23248d9b6602092

If you get this issue again, let me know.

Edit: Just had another read through Finesse's comments, the next time this happens, let me know and I will take some steps to minimise it, don't just keep waiting for it to go away Smile

UnrealCorpse
Admin

https://iota.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ZwRawr Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:32 am

yea , hmm i wonder why it went down so ridiculously low yesterday and the day before. I'll remember to tell you next time. Smile

ZwRawr
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum